Paul worked out in the pouring rain yesterday to make sure the yurt was solid and ready for the wind and more rain expected last night. Glad he did because it came in full force! Our yurt looks great this morning, still standing and weather tight 🙂
Earlier this week we worked to get the first window in before the rain came.
We got close, but part way through we realized that the trim/weather seal has a right side and a left side (not in the directions, but pretty obvious – I think we were tired), the rain came in and we called it a day.
So yesterday morning I went out to take down the trim we had put up and redo it correctly before the rain started again.
Now we have our first window completed! While we wait for our two other windows to get here, we are getting ready to start on electricity. I’m reading books as fast as I can so we can get started this week. I think I’ll need some help…